Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Transfer of Wealth

I was in Target the other day, getting a family photo taken, and I was struck again by the number of products sold in "Stuff Marts" such as Target, K-Mart, Wal*Mart, Sam's Club that are made in China.

Between the checkout counters and the photo lab in the back of the store, I stopped and examined tags hoping to find something made in the USA. I found 6 things, and most were food items.

For the last three years, my only criteria for Christmas and birthday presents is that they not be made in China. It's hard to find these things in Stuff Mart, but not as hard as you might think.

So, I thought I'd take this crusade online and help provide direction to those poor souls who know no better than to do their shopping at Stuff Mart.

There's lots of information out there. Just Google "Made in America."

If you already conduct internet commerce, and chances are if you found this web site you do, then it's easy to buy your American made blue jeans online. Or your toys for your kids, etc.

The first web site that I'll endorse here is: www.madeinusaforever.com

I'll provide directions elsewhere, and look for your input.

Buying American can save America!

Be good, y'all.

No comments: