Monday, December 8, 2008

Putcher Money Where Yer Mouth Is

You may be saying, Okay, Mr. (I am a Mr. though the androgeny offered on the internet doesn't always make that clear) Disciple of all that is Made in the USA, I'll bet I can come into your house and find a dozen things made in China. What do you have to say about that?

I'd say that you can find more than a dozen. Hundreds, maybe. I have a lot of junk.

Last year, I replaced dozens of incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent ones...saves lots of energy...but they're all made in China.

My TV, toaster, telephone, 2 computers, DVD player, CD players (several), most of my wardrobe...and, get this, my daughter's American Girl outfit are all made in China. As are my washing machine, my running shoes...my beloved Asics running shoes, my camera, my video camera, my cell phone (my wife's really, I don't own one of those electronic leashes, yet), my pediatric thermometer (yes, I put that in my child's mouth).

So here's the challenge. Find me a camera made in the USA (I used to own a Kodak), running shoes (good ones, now, I'm not going to get injured over this crusade) and a manufacturer of CD's, and I'll give them my business.

Buy American!

No comments: