Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Finding my Balance

Or my New Balance, I should say.

After a quick online search, and a recommendation from a friend, I've learned that New Balance makes many of their shoes in one of six US factories. I'm not sure, yet, which models are made here, but the New Balance web site tells us that they won't mark them with "Made in USA" unless they contain 70% or more of domestic products. Some components of running shoes apparently aren't readily avaialble in the United States.

I'll buy that.

And, New Balance owns Dunham, maker of work boots and shoes. At least some of their product line is still manufactured competitively in the United States. Good for them.

1 comment:

nutuba said...

Hey, I've been an Asiics fan all my life (well, not until I started running actually) but I'll be happy to give New Balance a try when I get my next pair (fall of 2009 most likely). Thanks for posting this!