Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sock it to me!

This one is a brand called TEKO, and they're running / cycling socks. Listen to how cool these are. Not only are they made in the USA, but they're 56% Ingeo...a corn-based fiber, 22% recycled polyester (so THAT's where my old wide-lapel suit went!) and 22% virgin fiber. I just like saying that word...

The little bit of packaging these things come in is made from 100% recycled paper, printed with soy-based inks.

And 100% of the energy used in the production and packaging of TEKO socks is offset by the purchase of clean wind energy.

The products don't get much better than that.

And, as I am wont to do, I have to present this comment: Although I'm generally not in favor of producing non-food products (ethanol, soy-based bio diesel) from what could otherwise be food products, I do like this Ingeo technology. It's certainly renewable, if not sustainable.

visit them at www.tekosocks.com

No comments: